How to Speed up your PC – Many times people are stuck with their old laptops or Computers with poor performance with regard to the speed, responsiveness, hanging problems, mouse pointer getting slow, TouchPad not working and others. The reason why every person is not much into Tech is why they have to face such problems. However for a geek like me its just few computer tweaks that are to be done to get the computer back into track and with increased speed. So here are few suggestion or tricks on how to increase your laptop / computer speed.
People frequently gets irritated when their computer takes a long time to startup. So here is how to fix this thing. Remove unnecessary startup programs by following the given instructions
How to run msconfig.exe to remove startup programs:
- Press Windows Start Button
- Go to run and Type msconfig.exe. Hit Enter!
- A windows Pops out which is labelled as System Configuration.
- Click on the startup tab and Unmark/untick the unwanted startup programs.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- YouTips on Which Programs to Unmark or remove from startup.
The next thing to tweak your computer is to get rid of the unnecessary services running in the background. These services eat much needed RAM for multitasking. These unwanted windows 7/8 services can be distinguished by using the feature called “Hide all Microsoft Services”. This will hide the Important services from Microsoft so that you may not end up disabling any crucial service.
CCleaner the best and most popular tool of the industry is the best software to speed up your PC. It is a must have software on every PC. Ccleaner can clean Browsers, Reg edit files, cleans System Files and many other tweaks on one click. This software is one of the oldest and most reputed software. There are tutorials available on How to use CCleaner efficiently.
Few Tips for using CCleaner [Things to Remember]:-
- If you are a consistent internet surfer and does huge browsing then don’t clean your Chrome files better go to the application tab and then go to Google Chrome Untick all of them or rather untick the ones that will irritate you – Internet Cache , Cookies, Session, saved passwords.
- The reason -behind this is when you clean the browser settings then all your saved info gets lost and if you have multiple passwords and you used to login directly without logging in then your are busted. Your passwords saved in chrome are also gone. WTF! Now what ! HUH! Just go to all your accounts and try to remember your old password or else recover your lost password through the merchant website.
- Save the registry files before fixing them .People usually skip this to save their time but this is essential one fault can otherwise lead to hours of loss fixing your PC again.
- Dont use Drive Wiper in tools you can accidentally loose all your saved computer data.
This is yet important task to increase your laptop speed. Here are the simple steps to clean up your RAM –
- Go to task manager
- Go to Processes
- No Do Show all Process
- Remove – End task the unwanted and malicious programs running that will thus Free your RAM space held by those process.
- (Description) Before a process starts – After you click the program/file to start, OS assign a RAM Space that will be taken by the specified software related to that file For Ex. to open a .jpeg file a dllHost will run that is nothing but a COM Surrogate that will take few 20 MB approx depending upon the RAM memory allocation system and current I/O process.
People who continuously charge their laptops hardly know that extra charge / current given to the battery will leak out the charge and thus provide few extra amperes to the processor of your laptop thus increasing the fan speed and engaging more unnecessary charge from your battery. This is done in efficient manner but the heating starts up thus degrading the performance of your processor.
With over usage of applications and software which people do forget to focus on there goes requirement of more RAM. The reason behind this is that you have installed many more programs to your system then it originally had when it came in a mint condition. Thus upgrading your RAM is a necessity. A 2 GB DDR3 Will Cost you only 17$ / 1000 INR for your laptops to boost the performance and get a smooth working.
As soon as the Computer/PC/Laptop Boots up and windows open up the Windows Search starts up. It consumes a lot of I/O Process and processing speed thus increasing windows starting load time.
Steps to Disable Windows search
- Type Services.msc in start Menu.
- Hit Enter and open it.
- Find the service named Windows Search
- Right click on it then go to properties.
- A field called Startup Name is listed here.
- Click on Disable then -> Apply -> OK
After all the best of all these tweaks which I am sharing you at last is to change your SATA Hard Disk that has very slow processing speed to SSD (solid state drive). The reason why I shared this at the end is that it needs to spend money.
SSDs are very costly and 128GB SSD will cost you around 47$ as a initial price. However they are the ultimate success in increasing your Device speed.