Do you have children at home who are entering their teenage Life and thus needs to be safe from getting into the dirty world. Here is an article for How to filter/block your internet data packets via a DNS service so that your children cant see any unwanted content on Web.
1Block the Content using DNS Service
- Go to your browser and in the address bar Type – 192.168.0.1 and then Hit Enter.
IT can be either 192.168.0.1 (for TP Link and D- Link Routers) or 192.168.1.1 (D-link and others) or you can just see the back of your router in which a note is given regarding your IP Details.
- After login (Enter Username Password) , Go to DHCP settings option. Being a TP link router user I have given the image below for your convenience-
- After that you can see an option that says Primary DNS and next to that Secondary DNS. These two fields are to be filled up with the Public DNS IPs that are used for content filtration.
- This is one such way that can be used to update your DNS setting via Router. However You can also change the DNS Setting from IPV4 Properties.
2Changing the Preferred DNS locally on a Computer
This local Content Filtration can also be done on an individual system using this step.
How to Open IPV4 Window
- Go to Network and Sharing in Control Panel
- Go to Change Adapter Settings
- Identify the network which you have to connect to. Right click that connection and then click Properties.
Now Click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 Option. A New Pop Up window will be opened which will look like this-
Now You can Use the DNS IPs Service to protect your children from unwanted content online.
3List of Primary DNS and Secondary DNS services / IPS
|Sr. No||Description||Primary DNS||Secondary DNS||Ratings (Out of 5.0)|